Thursday, April 28, 2005

Aspiring writers wanted for Ridgecrest retreat

I've often thought about trying to write a book of some kind, if only I knew what kind to write, got disciplined about doing it, and then had the first clue as to going about putting it together and getting it published.
You know how sometimes you'll sign up for stuff and clubs on the Internet, mess around with it for awhile, then eventually stop it? For all you know you may still have a membership there? A couple of years ago I did this with a place called Faithwriters and stayed with it for a few months. At the time I was teaching and even a couple of my students joined. There's a free membership, but like all other places, they'll ask you to chip in a little for more benefits.
Recently, LifeWay had a retreat for those wanting to have their work reviewed by experienced writers or others who wanted to get serious about their writing. I remember running across this awhile back and wanted to really look into going, but it obviously slipped my mind.
I still at times think about writing a book. A lot of people have done it. Why not me?
I'm curious if there are others reading this who have thought of the same thing ...