Thursday, July 07, 2005

Vacation plans gone awry


As I write this, I'm scrambling to fix the problem of going to Destin and face a hurricane. It's quite possible I'll get to enjoy driving seven hours to the beach, stay one day, and be told to turn around with the other 100,000 vacationers to hobble our way back up the interstate even before the first sunburn.

I"m hoping this thing takes a turn and goes somewhere else. I've already been on the phone with the people at the resort. The place has to close in order for my parents (yes, we're piggybacking on them for this) to get their points back. I would hope that a possible Category 3 would be enough to shut the doors on the place and my folks get to go on another trip, hopefully one not interrupted by a major act of Mother Nature.

On top of that, I don't want to drive the distance there only to snake my way through traffic for 20 hours. I could do that any day in Atlanta, and at least by paid for it.