Friday, May 20, 2005

Some random thoughts ...

Wow, it's been longer than I meant to be since my last post. I've been really busy writing at work for the paper. Wednesday was the worst commute of my entire life. Truly, I hope the guy who drove the dump truck full of gravel on 285 is okay, that way a thousand fleas can invade his armpits.

Two hours and forty-five minutes -- that's how long it took me to make a drive that normally is about an hour. At one point I really started wondering if I might as well turn around and go back to the building, crash on a couch and be there for work in the morning. In the time it took me to get home I could have watched an entire baseball game. That's nearly three hours of 24. It's almost a couple of Back to the Future movies.

Thankfully, the next two days weren't that bad. Tonight, Amy, Rylee and I had steak and chicken fajitas here and went to Brusters for ice cream. Good stuff.

For any of you aspiring journalists out there, here's some places for you to go for tips on how to get better. Poynter and Bob Baker's Newsthinking have already given me some tools to use.