Tuesday, February 06, 2007

When we're wrong ...

In putting together the paper, I basically read over each page at least twice and usually more than that. In that process, your eyes can play tricks on you and mistakes that are there are simply missed. It happens. When we get the finished product from the printer every other Tuesday I have a gnawing feeling in my gut because whatever is in there, is in there. Nothing you can do about it.

That being said, the San Francisco Chronicle has come up with an interesting way for readers to inform Chronicle staff of mistakes called Correct Me If I'm Wrong ... Their first one is an instant classic and will leave you hearing the phrase "pilotless drone" all day. I was crying at the end of it. Listen to it here. Warning: the poor guy on the phone is so irate he uses slang for "tee-tee."

To read what Poynter had to say about it, click here.