Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Preaching NASCAR style

I went out to Calvary Baptist Church in Rome last month to write about something that I've heard other churches have done -- a series relating to NASCAR.

This was something I wouldn't have associated together -- church and racing. Growing up my family joined in with a few others and we all went to the infield at Talladega twice during the summer. A young boy could get quite and education if he kept his eyes open in the infield during those days. I've heard they've cleaned things up quite a bit since going corporate.

The principles taught over the six-week series mesh together. I was a little disappointed in my photography on this story; it's something I'm working on. It's not often that I go out to cover a story and take the pictures. Steve, the pastor, said they were hoping to have a car out front the Sunday I was there (they did for a prior message) but it didn't pan out.